THEME: COLOR DAYS
This week we will have fun with colors! We plan to graph our favorite colors, experiment with color mixing, and create colorful paintings and a handprint mural for the classroom.
Each day will focus on a different color and the children may wear the color of the day to enhance this learning experience.
Monday – red day
Tuesday – orange day
Wednesday – yellow day
Thursday – green day
Friday – blue & purple day
The letter of the week activity is B is for butterfly.
- This week is a sharing week. The children are asked to bring in an item of their favorite color on their sharing day. The sharing information sheet with the schedule has been sent home in your child’s backpack.
REMINDERS, REQUESTS, AND OTHER INFO:
- The Open House / Ice Cream Social is scheduled for Tuesday, October 4th from 6-7pm. Families are invited to visit the classroom and members of the Groveland Congregational Church will host an ice cream social in Fellowship Hall for all PPP families from 6-7pm that evening.
The Open House schedule is as follows:
The Red Apples and their families may visit the classroom from 6:00-6:30 and follow with ice cream upstairs.The Yellow Apples and their families are invited to enjoy ice cream from 6-6:30 and visit the classroom from 6:30-7:00. Please see a teacher if you have any questions.
- There will be a sign up sheet for those who may like to donate paper goods and ice cream toppings for the ice cream social.
- Be sure your child’s backpack and all outerwear is clearly labeled. The children hang their jackets, etc. on hooks and are sometimes unsure which is theirs at the end of the day.
- Book orders are placed online and the books are shipped to the school or you may choose to have them sent directly to you. Our classroom code is:H8LPK.
Monday (26) apples Jonathan B.
Tuesday (27) oranges
Wednesday (28) bananas Margot
Thursday (29) cucumbers & dip
Friday (30) yogurt and blueberries