WEEK OF: SEPTEMBER 12 – 16, 2022
THEME: WELCOME FRIENDS!
Welcome to Perry Park Preschool and the first Weekly Update of the school year.
Each week you will receive an email containing the weekly update which lists activities and
events for the upcoming week(s).
The first weeks of school will focus on introducing the children to the rules and
routines of the classroom and the playground. The children will be learning new songs to
sing for greeting hello, clean-up time and good-bye. They will have the opportunity to
explore many interest centers in the classroom including blocks, dramatic play, play dough,
puzzles, and the science area.
Art exploration will include painting at the easel, using scissors and glue sticks,
painting with water colors and decorating a place card for snack time.
WEEK OF: SEPTEMBER 19 – 23, 2022
THE MORE WE GET TOGETHER
This week at Perry Park the children will continue to explore new centers in the classroom.
Circle time activities will include singing songs and playing games to help learn the names of
our teachers and new friends. Other friendship activities will include creating a friendship
heart for the classroom, finger painting with friends and painting Bag Buddies (which the
children will take home at the Open House).
Also, this week we will begin our letter of the week activities with A is for Apple.
There are many reminders and requests……any questions please call or see a teacher anytime!
REMINDERS, REQUESTS AND OTHER INFO:
- We’re excited to have a new assistant teacher, Ms. Ashley, join our team!
She will be in the classroom on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Wear nametags for the first week of school.
- Clearly label backpacks and be sure to keep a complete change of clothes inside.
- Lunch Bunch begins on Wednesday 9/21. There is space available to sign up.
- Please see the notice in your orientation packet for more information.
- The book order is due by Friday 9/23. This can be placed online using the classroom
- PPP will provide snacks for the first few weeks. Daily snacks are listed on the snack
calendar found in the orientation packet. Each child will use their own water bottle for
snack time. Please clearly label and provide water only.
- The October snack calendar will be available to sign-up next week.
Monday (12) graham crackers
Tuesday (13) Goldfish
Wednesday (14) pretzels
Thursday (15) cheese & crackers
Friday (16) carrots & dip
Monday (19) Cheerios & raisins
Tuesday (20 birthday celebration – Cayson, Dylan, Ford
Wednesday (21) birthday celebration – Julian
Thursday (22) pretzels
Friday (23) Goldfish