Theme: Rhyme Time
Week of: November 28 – December 2, 2022
We present rhyming concepts throughout the school year as part of our language curriculum. This week a more concentrated focus will be offered to help develop this important pre-reading skill. At circle time we will play rhyming games and read a selection of popular rhyming books and nursery rhymes. A variety of rhyming activities will follow at the learning centers.
Highlights of the week’s activities include:
- using the felt board figures to recite nursery rhymes,
- cutting out twinkle, twinkle stars
- painting five little monkeys
- singing Down By the Bay by Raffi and Laurie Berkner’s Nursery Rhyme medley at music time.ç
The letter of the week activity is J is for jellyfish.
Reminders, Requests, and other info:
- In the event of school cancellation or a delayed opening due to inclement weather our policy is as follows: when the Pentucket School District announces that school is canceled for the district, PPP will also be closed for the day. If a delayed opening is announced, PPP will open at 10:45 and dismiss at 12:30. Lunch Bunch will not be held on delayed opening days.
- Student progress reports will be sent home in December. These do not need to be signed or returned. a sign-up sheet will be posted in January for those who would like to schedule a phone conference with their child’s teacher.
Monday (28) yogurt – Wyatt, Julian
Tuesday (29) birthday celebration – Vera, Isla
Wednesday (30) Kix cereal – Jack F.
Thursday (1) bananas – Kaetlyn
Friday (2) mini bagels & cream cheese – Caroline